I have a 10x12 shed that i use this in. The lights are enough for half the space well lit, and could be used by themselves if needed ( i already had some Light Me portables in there). Radio is a neat, but the SD/USB feature is the charm. I bought a USB powered portable fan to use with this model and after an hour the charge indicator is still in the 80% range with fan going and lights on. Batteries look replaceable if needed in a year or two, and the solar panel is put together well. Only have wall charged it once, and i dont go into my shed everyday so it gets plenty of time to charge in the sun. Overall for the price and use, well worth the purchase.
Overall this is a good unit for $100.
- Main unit is compact and light.
- Solar panel is large and seems to be a good quality one.
- Ability to charge my phone, Ipod and Ipad.
- Lights (3) are super bright and each has an individual on/off switch.
- The 5 rechargeable batteries (18650) are removable (replaceable and can be recharged in a separate charger).
- Low budget unit.
- Batteries came 90% charged.
- Bright flashlight with 3 modes ( High/ Low/ Strobe )
- The charge indicator never turns green, stays red and stop blinking when charge is over (supposedly).
If you don’t intend to spend several hundreds $, this is a great device for camping and hurricane preparedness.
We’ve had our original item since After Hurricane Mathew and although we Now have a generator. This works great for small power outages or big if you can’t afford a generator. We had one last week and I was able to easily connect our usb fan and keep cool as we slept.
I really love this kit. I searched for the best emergency solar generators and this one measures up. I had looked at more expensive units, but this unit caught my eye because:
1. It included everything required to be self sufficient.
2. It had replaceable batteries!
3. It had multiple DC out ports.
4. It has _both_ a Solar power charging input as well as an AC power charging input.
5. The AC power input only requires a very common cable and not an AC/DC adapter!
6. It includes a digital FM radio!
All in all, this is an awesome purchase. 5 stars.
Works great. Used this for camping last weekend. It comes with both a plug for the cigarette lighter and clips for direct connection to a battery terminal. This ended up being handy since our cigarette lighter fuse was blown so we had a back-up way to power it. Quality is good. Has accessible fuses on the back and the on/off rocker switch is solid. The fan works and it does not put out as much heat as a previous inverter I had. Recommend.